Chemex was first developed in 1941 and is a timeless classic in coffee brewing. It's simple, self-contained, and the filters are relatively easy to find. It's not the most precise method, but it's versatile and satisfying, and brews multiple cups at a time.
- Made of non-porous Borosilicate glass which will not absorb odors or chemical residues: heat and shatter-resistant.
- Simple, easy to use with a timeless, elegant design.
- Includes a polished wood collar with original leather rawhide.
- Included in MoMA's collection.
Information & Capacity:
- Capacity: 40 ounces.
- Chemex Measurment: 5 oz. = 1 cup.
- Made of Borosilicate glass.
- Height: 9".
- Diameter: 5 1/4".
- MPN: CM-8A.